The Bryant University Academic Computing and Labs and the Douglas and Judith Krupp Library are initiating a pilot program of a 3D printer for the use of exploration, experimentation and prototyping. 3D printing prints layers of material to form an object. The 3D printer is open to all Bryant University faculty, students and staff, and is located in Room 215 of the Douglas and Judith Krupp Library.
- The 3D printer is to be used for lawful purposes only – no one is allowed to print/create material/s that are:
- Prohibited by state or federal law.
- Unsafe, harmful, dangerous, or pose a threat to the well-being of others.
- In violation of intellectual property rights.
- Print requests must be submitted here for approval, you will need to login with your Bryant email username and password.
- Printer time is by appointment only.
- Priority will be given to curriculum focused projects.
- Appointments must be reserved via LibCal.
- Users will be allowed to reserve print time once per week, with a maximum of a 12 hour print job. Jobs that require over 12 hours to complete will NOT be accepted at this time.
- At this time, we are only allowing ONE print job per day to avoid problems with jobs running longer than expected and causing scheduling issues.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, your session will be cancelled and you will need to reschedule.
- At this time, there will be no cost to the user associated with print jobs.
- Accepted file types are .stl and .obj.
- Staff and designated student workers are responsible for all general operation and maintenance of the printer.
- The library reserves the right to refuse any print request.
- At this time there will not be 24/7 support for the printer. If the printer jams or other problems arise, we will need to wait for normal office hours and available staff to help troubleshoot any issues.
- Print job bookings cannot be made past 6pm Sundays through Thursdays, or past 3pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
Important Information Regarding Print Quality and Color:
- Print function and/or quality is not guaranteed. Print time, size and detail is dependent upon design. We are using the recommended settings from Makerbot, therefore projects will not be the most detailed and it is not set up to use scaffolding for printed structures.
- Filament available is polylactic acid (PLA). Projects will print in the available, in-stock, loaded color. We cannot guarantee print color choice.
- Click on available time slot.
- Review booking details. Click “Submit Time slots” when ready.
- Use your Bryant username and e-mail password to authenticate
- Click “Submit my Booking” to reserve your time slot.
- You will receive an e-mail verification that your reservation is being reviewed.
- You will receive a follow-up email when your reservation has been approved or denied, with additional instructions and information.
Please note that the policies and procedures regarding 3D printing at the Douglas and Judith Krupp Library are subject to change.
You have reached the end of the bookable window. No availability will be shown past this point.
Available Your Booking Unavailable/Padding