Please note that due to the university's COVID-19 procedures and schedule, Bloomberg terminal access is currently handled remotely, and there may be additional limitations and/or reduced access as a result.
Remote access to Bloomberg is available 24/7 at this time, but please note that library support for any issues will only be available during the following times:
- Monday-Thursday: 8am-10pm online, 9am-3pm on-site
- Friday: 8am-5pm online, 9am-3pm on-site
- Saturday: 9am-5pm online only
- Sunday: 10am-10pm online only
Use & Occupancy Guidelines:
- The Bloomberg terminals may only be reserved by Bryant University students. These terminals are intended for students enrolled in courses requiring Bloomberg use.
- Maximum time per booking: 2 hours.
- Maximum weekly use: 12 hours.
- Unoccupied terminals are available to individuals on a first come, first served basis.
- Users must login to these terminals with their Bryant credentials. No local generic login credentials may be used.
- First time login may take a few minutes to build the user’s profile; however, subsequent logins on the same terminal will be quicker.
- It is recommended that users reserve the same terminals in order to minimize boot time and for access to local data.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT DATA SECURITY:
Local disk space is provided to users for the convenience of working on projects only. If you choose to use this local space for on-going projects the following applies:
- Users must book the same terminal for each use as the data will only reside on the last computer used.
- Users are responsible for their own data.
- We highly recommend that users routinely backup their information to a USB device, or upload it to their cloud storage drive.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT THE UNIVERSITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DATA LOSS. These are public access systems which are not backed up.
- All computers will be wiped clean of data at the end of each semester.
- Please ensure you log-out when you have completed your work.
- Never leave the computer logged in and unattended.
- Click on available time slot(s).
- Review booking details. Click "Submit Time slots" when ready.
- Use your Bryant username and email password to authenticate.
- Click "Submit my Booking" to reserve your time slot.
- You will receive an email verification.
Personal property may not be used to "hold" a terminal and may be removed if left unattended. Contact the Library Staff or Laptop Central for more information.